Love whipping up this recipe to have alongside breakfast. Fresh, flavorful, and simple. I used a food processor to make things a little easier. Less chopping = happier Winnie. Enjoy!
- 5-6 deseeded roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno (or chili pepper of your choice)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Toss deseeded roma tomatoes into the food processor and give it a few pulses.
- Add onion, cilantro and garlic and pulse a few more times to incorporate everything together.
- Then, add jalapeno (or chili pepper of your choice) – either deseeded or with seeds if you like living life on the edge – alongside the lime juice. Add salt and several pinches of cayenne pepper to taste.
- At this point, blend everything together until the desired consistency is reached. I like mine to be diced up finely, but if you like chunky salsa, just a couple chops will do the trick! Taste as you go, and make adjustments if needed.